Here's what was canned yesterday:
- 5 pints of whole heirloom tomatoes
- 7 pints of corn
- 3 half pint of tomato paste
- 2 half pints of tomato basil jam
- 7 quarts of pinto beans (not grown in the garden, but still processed along with the madness)
- 6 ears of corn (+4 in the fridge)
And here's what's been planned:
- Mini, dehydrated zucchini and tomato "pizzas"
- Zucchini Bread
- Pickled Zucchini
But back to the mountain of produce, because despite my last paragraph, I just keep thinking about next weekend and all the work that has to be done in the garden and in the kitchen. So, I'd love to hear any ideas or recipes you might have for squash and zucchini. I'd also love to see if any of you have a favorite tomato sauce recipe you're willing to share! I'd really like to try a few new things since there's so much of everything coming in :-) I thank you in advance!
Hope you're having a wonderful day, whatever you're doing!