Now really...can you think of anyone you know who doesn't like hot chocolate? Right!
In layers, add to two pint sized mason jars:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups powdered milk
- 1 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 ground up candy canes (use your food processor)
- marshmallows (enough to fill up each jar - optional)
Make a little label with the directions:
- Take out the marshmallows and put them to the side to add to the top of your hot cocoa later.
- In a large saucepan, combine the contents of jar with 1 2/3 cups of water.
- Heat and stir over medium heat until hot & chocolate pieces have melted.
- Pour into two mugs
- Add marshmallows
- The recipe calls for minty chocolate chips, which I have never been able to find...hence, the ground up candy canes
- If tightly sealed, this will keep for 6 weeks in a cool place
- The marshmallows may get a little hard, depending on how long you store them, but tend to soften up once added to the hot yumminess :-)
Fish Girl taught herself how to crochet these nifty little cozies for mason jars after seeing one her friend had at school a few weeks ago, so I asked her to teach me and she did! It's pretty cool to have your daughter teach you how to do things :-) I'll have to save the tutorial for another time, but as an alternative for now you can simply tie a ribbon or some raffia around your jar of yumminess to dress it up a bit :-)