Now, I love honey bees. I love all bees, but I especially love honey bees! Here are just a few reasons for my love of honey bees:
- Bees visit approximately 2 million flowers to produce a mere pound of honey
- Honey can be used to help fight infection as has been used in the past to treat and dress wounds
- Bees must eat 8-10 pounds of honey in order to produce one pound of wax
- Honey is yummy while being full of probiotics, vitamins and enzymes
- Bees use their wings as fans to evaporate the water in the nectar they've created in their bellies using the pollen they've collected into honey they (and we) eat
- My name means "honey bee"